Please find below a fantastic course opportunity for 12 – 16 year olds
The Junior Leaders Course is an ideal precursor to the FA Level 1 Course and also the refereeing pathway. It’s at a reduced cost of £25 and a must for any young person wishing to add experience in the world of football to their CV.
Date: Friday 12th April 2019
Time: 9.30am to 3.30pm
To book on to this course on FRIDAY 12TH APRIL 2019 please click HERE
Successful applicants will be notified by email ASAP. Please make sure that your club secretary is aware that you have booked.
Payment of £25 must be made by BACS Transfer to the Surrey Youth League to Sort Code 20- 35-35 Account Number 33974340 and must be made at the time of booking or your application will be disregarded.
THESE COURSES BOOK UP VERY FAST, PLEASE BOOK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
Any questions please contact Frank Thompson
Introduction to the Course
– Course content
– How to get involved in Football
– Getting involved & helping those involved to ‘get better’
Assisting Football Activity Sessions
– Creating a Safe Learning environment
– Organising games
– Introduction to the basics of Fundamentals
An introduction to Refereeing
– Preparing to referee
– Whistle techniques & introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
– Safety of the Players and Re-starts to the Game
Helping with a Team
– Preparing for the game
– Warm-up prior to the game
– Organising and Managing players expectations
Different Football Events
– An introduction to three different formats of competition
– Using these in a practical setting
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).