Dear Club Secretaries
Please can you share this email with your teams/managers.
The League have chosen to play their part in a weekend of football that’ll leave you speechless. We’re joining a National Silent Support Weekend where Leagues and Clubs across the country are asking all spectators and coaches to show their support through applause only when the match is in play. This gives players a better opportunity to find their own voice and develop their game.
What to do at the Silent Weekend?
• Allow players to make mistakes
• Allow players to make their own decisions
• Applaud good play and effort from either team
What are the benefits of the Silent Weekend?
• Players can concentrate on the game and not be distracted by the touchline
• Players develop independent learning and decision-making
• Coaches can assess the teams’ communication skills
Please join us on 6th November 2022 and find out what happens when we turn the volume down for the players on the pitch.
The FA have provided an asset pack which you can download here. The pack has marketing guidance, letters, posters, social media assets and some suggested copy so you can let your parents and coaches know you’re taking part and what they need to do.
Many thanks for your support.